MATCH REPORT: MFA vs FC United Of Manchester

Ruthless MFA beat FC United Of Manchester to progress to the next round of the cup

MFA was clinical and ruthless as they brushed aside FC United Of Manchester at All Hallows. A Hattrick from Joe Cobey and a goal each from Sam Box, Luigi Pinto, Luke Boyle and Tom Kerr ensured an easy passage into the next round of the cup. 

MFA started the strongest and was rewarded within two minutes, as some good footwork from Tom Kerr got him away from two FC defenders passed to Sam Jordans feet who gets to the byline squared it to Joe Cobey who fired it into an empty net. 

MFA continued to keep up their high-pressure play and had numerous chances to add to the score sheet with, Joe Cobey, Sam Jordan and Alfie Tyldsey all having efforts on the goal without managing to convert. At the other end, Joe Haigh was forced into a couple of smart saves to keep MFA in the lead. 

Kyle Lord’s team doubled their lead on 41 minutes. Sam Jordan used some neat footwork and skill to get away from his man, he then pulled the ball back to the edge of the area where Tom Kerr was waiting before shifting the ball onto his left foot and unleashing an effort into to the top corner via the post. 

MFA scored two in quick succession to put themselves in a commanding lead. The first came as Alfie Tyldesley broke up and FC United attack before playing the ball between two defenders to the onrushing Cobey who finished first time into the bottom corner. Luigi Pinto added to the scoreline as a well struck Sam Jordan shot was only parried into Pinto’s path who calmly slotted the ball home. 

The second half started off as the first half finished. A Tom Mauro deep freekick wasn’t dealt with and Luke Boyle volleyed the ball into the back of the net from 18 yards to make it 5-0 after 48 minutes. 

Sam Jordan nearly got onto the scoresheet as he receives a pass from Box, cuts inside his defender and unleashes a left-footed effort which cannons off the underside of the bar and FC United manage to scramble the ball away. 

Five became six as Colin Midgley pumped in a deep free-kick to the FC United box and Joe Cobey was on hand to cleverly backheel it into the goal past a flat-footed goalkeeper on 70 mins. 

The scoring was wrapped up on 87 minutes as Sam Box took the ball on the right wing, drove into the box took the ball past the defender and slotted the ball past the goalkeeper to make it 7-0. 

Full-time MFA 7-0 FC United Of Manchester. A professional, ruthless performance from MFA. Into the next round of the cup.   

Manager Kyle Lord said ” It was great to get the win. The way we did it with ruthlessness was great to see. Collectively all around the defence was solid. I was really impressed with Joesph Haigh and his distribution today. Hopefully, we can get a home draw for the next round and maybe we can go far in this competition” 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *